Travelogue - Minneapolis, MN - 1



Hello. Writing in from lovely Minneapolis, MN. We've all arrived safely and I am currently sitting in the hotel room. Gotta say upfront that my roommate is a bit on the eccentric side. Oh well.

Anywho, I'm going to go ahead and recount some of the events of the day so that my future self might actually remember what happened to past self.

Travis spent the night. I didn't sleep too well, got up at 6am, and off to the airport. By the way, I've never really traveled within the continental US that much so this was kind of a new thing for me. Anyways, got a bit turned around within John Wayne Airport. Eventually things righted themselves, or I did, one or the other. Found Ivan, ate McDonalds, jumped on the plane, and a few hours later we found ourselves in Denver, CO.

I wish I had taken a picture of some things that I saw while we were in the confines of the airport, but suffice to say that I was having a good time. Signs about tornado shelters and franchise stores that I have never heard about fascinated me. Ridiculous of course, but fascinating nonetheless.

We flew, I slept, and then we landed at St. Paul airport in Minneapolis. Things went into high gear for a bit as we hurried to catch up with some of our other coworkers. We took the light rail system (which was awesome, functional, mass transit makes me very happy). Demographics were interesting. We found out hotel, checked in, ran out and walked several blocks to get to the convention center.

Here's our little corner of the "International Marketplace". Our booth definitely stands out from many of the other booths that have already been setup. Many of the other booths, from such organizations as OMF have photos and large bold font proclaiming who they are. I think we've gone the opposite route, with a large, red, cryptic banner, some t-shirts, and a single LCD TV.

Speaking of that LCD TV, we had to run out and find a Target and buy that TV and then run it back to the convention center before 7pm. We made it, but it was a lot of fast walking. Anyways. Time to turn in for the night. It's.....11:03pm here...9:03 for you PST folk....weiiiiiiiird.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Odd Findings

Review: Wrestling With An Angel

What Counts