What Counts

1.
Good morning world, hello today
Sun overhead, grass waves below
Walking to my car, hear the beep beep alarm
Expressionless, Thoughtless

2.
Soft breeze, harsh heat
Pop the door open, keys in the ignition
Turn the key, feel the rattle rattle vibration
Unfocused, Drifting

Can you hear it?
Do you know what counts?

3.
Light filters through the glass, cold air blasts
Sunglasses on, vehicles move oh so quickly
Radio squeals noise, words drone drone over the speakers
Robotic, Insulated

4.
Parking lot full, kind ladies with nice words
White buildings, many people seated in a room
Voices come together, they Rise and fall Rise and fall
United?, Discordant

Can I hear it?
Do I know what counts?

3.
Voices fall, words spoken from a stage
A Book opened, words older than Time
Universe fades, one Whisper speaks soft soft words
Indefinable, Ineffable

2.
Activity buzzing, crowds mixing
Mouth agape, eyes welling up
Sitting, silent so silent
Speechless, Rising

1.
Do you know what counts?










Comments

Unknown said…
April is national poetry month! I was in the mood to write a poem. So. I did. I also wanted to write further thoughts in comments because I didn't want to interrupt the reading of the poem.

What did you think?

I very much wrote out and tried to give imagery to an experience that might be common to many people, but like so many things, can be difficult to describe in words. I hope the poem can perhaps express the feelings of an otherwise indescribable moment.

Also, as a bonus, I have attached after the jump a music player. Not for no reason mind you. But as part of the experience of reading the poem I thought I would include the music I was listening to and feeling while writing this. There are several songs on the playlist but the one I specifically am thinking of is "Lullaby Set" by Kammen and Swan.

Enjoy!
mike_hashi said…
http://www.hardestlevel.com/700329837/faith-fighter-controversy-should-religous-figures-fight-each-other-in-video-games/?ref=FPP

not quite what you and saechang were thinking.. but similar.. hahah

Popular posts from this blog

Odd Findings

Review: Wrestling With An Angel