Sneaky Brothers, Peacocks, Loot, and You.

OK. So about that Saturday blog promise thing...yeah. I know. I'm sorry. It was quite a long day! I'll make it up to you by posting some photos about my weekend. It always amuses me how shocked people are when they find out that I have a brother. Well here is some definite proof that the rumors are indeed true - doubt no longer Thomas and see that my brother does indeed exist!

In case you were caught unawares, and who could blame you, my brother is 16 years old (omg), likes to gnaw on his bandana, and was born with autism. The event that we were at over the weekend was a 5k Run/Walk put on by Ability First. We spent most of the time walking, which was fine enough because the race went through the ever scenic Los Angeles Arboretum. Being myself a fine conossieur of Aboretums and their ilk (big fat lie) I knew exactly what to expect.

Well. I expected trees. I mean...Abor-etum. Isn't that somehow related to trees? Ok. I expected trees. And tangentally, I expected plants, since plants and trees are of similar familial ties. But there were Peacocks. Uncaged. Unfettered. Just...cruising around this very wide open, very lush, very unrestrained environment. I wasn't really sure whether or not to be afraid for the peacocks that my brother was on the loose, or be afraid for us that perhaps...if there are such exotic animals running a-mok to terrorize folk what other dark terrors lurked among the trees. Terrors just waiting for my precious nerd blood!

Yeah. Not so much. Ok. I will be back to post more photos and give a little bit more commentary later. For now...I have another dark terror that I must admit to indulging in. Yes. I have begun playing it. No not "It". With the spectre of Diablo 3 looming on the horizon my secret love for grinding levels and collecting the phat lootz has been stoked yet again. Come and join us on U.S. West - liferay/liferay.

I told you this blog wasn't going to be only serious stuff. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Odd Findings

Review: Wrestling With An Angel

What Counts