Punches Pulled=0

It should be no surprise to most folks that I've always been an avid (massive) fan of Caedmon's Call. Anyone surprised? No? Good. I picked up my guitar tonight and started strummin' around (is that proper turn of phrase for informal guitar playing?) and I found myself settled into tinkering with old CC songs that I knew. I can't say I've had a lot of introspection today but as I tinkered and played their music it led me to look up the lyrics for the music that I had forgotten.

Oh Lord your Love
Oh Lord I give You all I have
But it seems so little
When You have given me so much
I come to You with empty hands
And a heart that's fragile
You come to me with a wealth of love

(CHORUS)
Oh Lord Your love
Is new with every morning
Your faithfulness
It gets me through the night
You bid me come
You know that I am weary
Your yoke is easy
Your burden is light

And now I sing You songs of praise
But Your greatness is beyond me
I know I cannot comprehend
How You ancient of days
Stoop Yourself to call me
To be Your son, to be Your friend

What a quality song! As mellow, calm, crazy, emotional, numb, fill-in-the-blank I become. I must remember: I am a son of God! And that ladies and gentlmen. Is not just a blog-worthy thing. It is worth beyond that which we can comprehend. And it is that incomprehension that takes me into worship tonight.

"He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the Lord. Blessed is the man who makes the Lord his trust, who does not look to the proud, to those who turn aside to false gods." Psalm 40:2-4

Prone to wander indeed. Must. Stay. Here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Odd Findings

Review: Wrestling With An Angel

What Counts